A message for Spring 2
Welcome back Year 1!
We hope you have all had a wonderful half term with your families and are ready to start the second half of our year together!
This half term our learning will be based around our History topic of 'Significant People', we will be exploring significant people from the past that have inspired and influenced the world around us. We will be studying the work of Mary Seacole, Walter Tell, Helen Keller and Edward Jenner.
In English we will be reading and re-telling traditional tales, at the end of the topic we will be innovating a well known tale and adding our own characters to the story. In Science we will be continuing to learn about materials by carrying out experiments to find out their different properties and why they are chosen for certain objects.
Just a few little reminders:
- We have an outdoor playtime each morning where the children will have access to fruit, however if you wish to send your child into school with their own fruit you can.
- Clearly labelled water bottles need to be in school everyday.
- Please remember to label all belongings to hopefully stop things getting lost.
- Remember to check dojo messages/stories for updates.
- Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
Mrs Collins & Mrs Brookes x