A message for Autumn 1
Welcome to Year 1!
We hope you have had a wonderful summer!
During this half term, we will be adopting a daily routine that is similar to Reception class. Children will complete adult-led tasks and will also have the opportunity to access the enhanced provision through play-based learning. We will continue to have daily phonics sessions and whole class teaching linked to our English, topic and maths focus. Children will have a set outdoor playtime each day and will go out to play with Year 2. In English we will be learning about stories with familiar settings, as well as learning to perfect those letters when we are writing. In maths we will be focusing on place value, looking at our counting and number knowledge to 20 and beyond! This half term we are lucky enough to have have a balance-ability program running on morning mornings. Children will go into the hall and continue to develop their skills learnt in YR and our aim is for the children will be able to ride a bike independently by the end of the program. Our other PE day will be on a Thursday afternoon.
Just a few little reminders:
- Clearly labelled water bottles need to be in school everyday, it is important the children have small drinks breaks throughout the day
- Planners need to be in school everyday, just an initial to let us know your child has read at home will be enough so we can change books if needed.
- Please remember to label all belongings to hopefully stop things getting lost.
- Remember to check dojo messages/stories for updates.
- PE days are Monday mornings and Thursday afternoons.
Any questions please do not hesitate to ask, we look forward to welcoming you into Year 1.
The Year One Team x