History leader - Mr Homer
History is to consider how people lived in the past, understanding how past events and people have influenced our lives today. Children at Cradley C of E will investigate past events and develop skills of enquiry, analysis, interpretation and problem solving.
Throughout our History curriculum at Cradley all pupils will:-
- Acquire evidence and draw conclusions from historical sources.
- Learn about significant events in British history and appreciate how things have changed over time.
- Develop the ability to form judgements about sources and assess their reliability and value.
- Develop a sense of chronology.
- Understand how the British system of democratic government has developed and, in so doing, to contribute to a child's citizenship education.
- Understand how Britain is part of a wider European culture and to study some parts of European history.
- Develop skills of enquiry, investigation, interpretation, analysis, evaluation and presentation.
- Organise and communicate historical findings and information in variety of ways